Salary: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00
Client is seeking an Assistant Director, Customer Research to join their team.
Strong Primary Market Research experience both quantitative and qualitative. Secondary Market Research experience preferred. Group Benefit specific experience highly preferred but also open to Group Benefit business knowledge or research specific experience in HealthCare, Hospitals, etc. 5+ years experience preferred but would be open to lighter years of experience if candidate has the desired industry and business specific background. Must have experience or demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels and proven ability to influence/consult. Location Hartford, CT. Flexible for part time work from home/remote for the right candidate but expected to have regular presence in the office.
Join our team as we continually inform our products, services, value propositions and customer experiences through delivery of actionable voice-of-customer insights. We are seeking a talented marketing research professional to join our 14 member Enterprise Customer Research team. This experienced team partners with key senior leaders to understand their strategic priorities and create and execute a meaningful research agenda. Our group consistently has high employee satisfaction because the impact of our work is obvious. Reporting to the Director, Group Benefits Customer Research, this dynamic individual will be responsible for supporting primary and secondary research agendas for the Group Benefits organization, focused on issues related to all sized businesses and customer groups.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Direct research experience in the Group Benefits industry with a keen understanding of the landscape, challenges and customers.
- Ability to design, execute and analyze research to uncover key insights and provide business recommendations that drive business results.
- Ability to effectively develop and manage relationships and consult with business unit decision-makers, and influence their decision making.
- Experience and knowledge to advise business partners about the application of marketing research, and the appropriate integration with marketing and business strategy.
- Secondary research experience with the ability to effectively synthesize and share information more broadly throughout all levels of the enterprise.
- Strong leadership skills, taking ownership for their work and working independently.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include:
- Design, manage and analyze primary research projects focused on end consumers and/or insurance brokers and employer customers using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies as appropriate.
- Manage the secondary research function for the Group Benefits organization through both private and confidential industry benchmarking reports and information. Provides analysis and insight into industry, products, areas of focus, and tactics based on secondary market information.
- Maintain familiarity of our proprietary NPS studies, from design through results, in order to have meaningful consultations with the business. Collaborate as necessary with the other team member in Customer Research who conducts these studies.
- Minimum of 5 years of primary marketing research experience on the client or vendor side (including research & advertising, advertising, and innovation firms)
- Experience in group & worksite benefits industry preferred, financial services and/or business to business marketing research will be considered.
- Ability to design, execute and analyze primary quantitative and qualitative marketing research (e.g., independent questionnaire design, sample plan, methodology/supplier selection, data collection, data analysis, and compelling presentation of information and insights).Proven ability sourcing, analyzing and summarizing secondary research, and providing concise insights and recommendations which are relevant and actionable to meet informational needs of the business. Knowledge of competitive intelligence tactics and methods would be a bonus.Demonstrated ability to synthesize insights from existing primary and secondary sources.Solid understanding of the role traditional and evolving marketing research plays in strategic decision-making.
- Creative thinker, problem solver, well organized, and extremely detail oriented. Effective project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and adapt to changing priorities. Intrinsically motivated to act with a sense of urgency.
- Strong writing and verbal skills with the ability to communicate research data/insights in a compelling format. Ability to summarize results with a focus on business implications and decisions, and able to adapt to various audiences and leadership levels.
- Data analysis skills using software such as Excel, SPSS, and/or Tableau.
- Ability to work as a part of a diverse group and to build cooperative, productive relationships with members of the research team, internal business partners and suppliers.
- Interest in and knowledge of evolving marketing research techniques associated with, for example, crowd sourcing, communities, “system 1” thinking, neuroscience, concept testing/optimization, gamification, behavioral economics, and/or mobile ethnography.
- Knowledge of any or all of the following a plus: brand development, brand tracking, positioning, value proposition development, CX (customer experience), user design.
- Of interest is experience and/or willingness to moderate qualitative interviews aimed at understanding customer needs.
- Leadership Skills:
- Inspires Excellence. The Leader champions a compelling vision, clearly communicates the direction and articulates expectations to connect all employees to the overall strategy, exudes a passion for winning with integrity that energizes the enter team. Is visible and genuine
- Delivers Results. Focuses on key priorities, drives simplicity and clear accountabilities, removes obstacles and has a bias for action
- Trusted Decision-Maker. The Leader applies sound judgment and good instincts, is decisive and has the courage to take risks.
- Forward Thinker. Sees beyond the immediate, looks at trends and external market opportunities. Drives growth and innovation – is not hindered by the “way we’ve always done things.”
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in a related area appreciated.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.