$160,000.00 – $200,000.00
Client is seeking Associate General Counsel to join their team.
20 Years’ Experience ($160k – $200k DOE) – MUST
CA Labor Law & Litigation Experience – MUST
Banking or Financial Services Industry experience – a MUST
CA Employment Law, HR Law, Banking Law, Litigation
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate General Counsel located at our Roseville Executive Offices! The Associate General Counsel is responsible for handling day-to-day legal transactional matters in assigned area(s), which will depend on department staffing, the skills of the incumbent and the needs of the bank. Special projects will be assigned (or proposed by the incumbent) from time to time, depending on bank needs. Trains bank staff in his/her area of competence, either with written, video or other material or by conducting training classes in various locations as needed. Finally, the attorney is responsible for maintaining her/his skill level by attending appropriate professional seminars and training opportunities.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides day-to-day legal advice to management and business units.
- Demonstrates skill in consumer financial protection laws, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), commercial lending, deposit products and services, privacy, labor and employment law, bank operations or other specific areas of banking law.
- Assists with implementation of the bank-wide compliance function.
- Supports commercial or consumer lending, retail branches, problem loan group, bank operations, human resources, or other business area(s) as assigned.
- Trains bank staff in legal-related subject matter.
- Maintaining skill level by attending appropriate professional seminars and training opportunities.
- May manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Provides “backup” for other attorneys as needed.
- May directly supervise employees while overseeing assigned function(s). If assigned, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable laws.
- May include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; coaching and development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Juris Doctor degree with minimum of 20 years legal experience or equivalent related experience in an appropriate subject matter area in a retail banking or financial services environment required.
- Experience required in topical issues of particular regulatory concern within the financial services industry required.
- Experience either in-house in a financial institution or financial services company or as principal outside counsel to one or more banks required.
- Experience working with senior management and mid-level staff members. Prior management experience required. Member of CA Bar.
- Must function well in a situation with ambiguous or ill-defined goals, issues and methods.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and other typical productivity applications (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint) required.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank’s and internal clients’ needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism and team skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Ability to handle constant use of tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to travel between bank and customer or other bank locations – less than 25% of the time.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.