Salary: $100,000.00 – $140,000.00
Client is seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer, Sequencing to join their team.
The majority of the time will be spent designing and analyzing experiments to better understand DNA sequencing experiments. This involves isolating specific components of the system as well as seeing how different combinations behave, with an eye on making the output as useful as possible for the different use cases (research, clinical, etc.). You will also be responsible for updating, maintaining and testing portions of our automated analysis pipeline.
Design and analyze statistical experiments with various groups to better characterize DNA sequencing process
Design metrics and reports to summarize complex trends in performance of sequencing
Improve and maintain bioinformatics and main analysis pipeline
Quickly write scripts to automate routine analysis tasks
- Experience with scientific programming (Python, Matlab, R, etc.) is a must
- Experience with analysis of high throughput biological data
- Experience with next generation sequencing and its standard analysis tools a plus.
- Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning a plus
- BS or M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or similar
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.