Salary: $70,000.00 – $79,999.00
Client is seeking a Leasing Specialist to join their team.
The Community Manager’s primary focus is to ensure that revenue and profit targets are met, outstanding service levels are provided and asset value is protected and enhanced, while being able to analyze and strategize the needs of a new asset during and after lease-up. The Community Manager is responsible for the successful day-to-day management of this new Lease-Up property and will lead, guide and motivate property staff and monitor performance and results. The Community Manager will ensure that all property staff comply with company employment and safety practices and local and federal laws and regulations. The Community Manager will promote a strong service culture and successful teamwork. The Community Manager will strive to achieve the goals of the company and maximize the return on the owner’s investment. The Regional Director will assign other duties as necessary.
The Community Manager, as with all team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Supervise and provide leadership, support and direction to the staff. Resolve associate related issues and support team cohesiveness with positive and open communication.
- Ensure leasing team is productive and successfully meeting/exceeding leasing targets. Review Leasing Fundamentals and all aspects of the sales process, LTS, Yieldstar, and Vaultware and report to the Regional Manager.
- Identify training needs and mentors; ensure new hires receive the appropriate mentoring, development and onboarding.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of all property positions and mentor new team members.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of all positions and ensure new associates make a successful transition into the organization.
- Conduct a successful morning lineup and ensure all team members have the information they need to effectively perform their jobs.
- Ensure daily process chart is created and followed.
- Ensure leasing team is receiving timely and meaningful feedback and direction. Listen to calls, provide encouragement and recognition and review and sign-off on Leasing Fundamentals weekly.
- Conduct effective Monthly Staff and Safety Meetings
- Attend monthly CM meetings.
- Review Yieldstar pricing each morning and submit recommendations.
- Review work orders call back and warm calls.
- Supervise the review and approval of all applications for move-ins in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with Fair Housing requirements and policy. Oversee the maintenance and archival of resident files.
- Through regular property walk inspections and follow-up, oversee the physical condition and appearance of the property and strive to enhance the value of the apartment community by maintaining a hazard-free environment, while considering the best interests of the community. Conduct bi-monthly audits office audits and monthly exterior property inspections.
- Prepare annual budgets. Develop and administer the capital and operating budgets for the property. Complete monthly variance reports in an accurate and timely manner. Complete monthly revenue and expense reprojects.
- Supervise the daily opening of the leasing office and inspection of models, market window, and “rent ready” vacants to ensure they are presentable in accordance to established standards. Maintain office in a professional manner.
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager and Marketing Department, develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive marketing plan for the property. Prepare reports identifying competition rental rates, concessions, promotions and property changes. As directed, conduct off-site marketing to provide area businesses with information and increase traffic and occupancy.
- Coordinate site advertising with Marketing Department and Regional Manager. Continually review and monitor advertising accuracy and productivity.
- As directed, “shop” competition to determine sales technique, strategy and merchandising. Report findings to Regional Manager and share information with on-site staff.
- Ensure resident service satisfaction targets are met and design and implement resident retention programs in accordance with goals.
- Administer the Lease Renewal program.
- Resolve resident complaints and direct complaints to the Regional Manager when appropriate.
- Complete and approve Purchase Orders in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Manage the rent collection process in a timely manner and implement the legal process adhering to established standards and procedures. Supervise the control of delinquency and collection of funds. Ensure integrity of reports and processing of all legal notices (3 Day, Covenant or Quit or 30 and 60 days) in accordance with State Code and policy and procedure.
- Manage monthly third-party billing reports and delinquency control.
- Initiate or ensure the initiation of all necessary evictions, preparing copies, and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evictions, or other legal proceedings, ensuring all eviction and legal proceedings are followed through to completion.
- Ensure accuracy of resident move-out accounting summaries utilizing the Statement of Deposit report within the time frame designated by existing Code. Consistently audit vendor bills for services in order to be fair and consistent to resident while achieving maximum performance and value from vendor. Approve and code invoices in Avid on a daily basis.
- Ensure insurance and contract requirements are met on vendors in accordance with policy.
- Maintain proper accounting of all petty cash and special event funds.
- Participate in staff selection process. Recruit, hire, and train all on-site staff under the approval and direction of the Regional Manager.
- Supervise and provide support and direction to the staff. Resolve associate related issues and support team building with positive and open communication.
- Prepare annual reviews and develop bonus goals and objectives.
- Support and motivate staff to participate in company sponsored classes and training. Ensure compliance with all mandatory training.
- Support industry networking and encourage direct reports to participate in industry association functions.
- Oversee and/or conduct effective weekly sales “Leasing Fundamentals” meetings.
- Conduct monthly goal meetings with individual associates and provide feedback and direction.
- Attend required Fair Housing Training (annually), Harassment Training (every 18 months) and other required classes and training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
- Handle on-call duties, per policy and schedule for property.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Effective sales and sales management skills.
- Understand accounting principles and budget process. Ability to read and interpret numerical information.
- Understand marketing concepts; ability to analyze data and write reports.
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience required in at least one of the following industries: property management, hospitality, retail, or real estate.
- Possess management skills including supervisory, planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook) and Yardi preferred.
- Prior experience supervising, training, coaching, counseling, developing, motivating, interviewing, hiring, terminating; ability to effectively lead by example.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two or four year college degree preferred. CCRM, ARM, or CAM designation(s) preferred.
- Minimum two to five years property management experience – depending on number of units.
- Aligning Performance
- Change Management
- Business Acumen
- Building A Successful Team
- Safety Awareness
- Performance Excellence
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.