Salary: $85,000.00 – $120,000.00
Client is seeking a Data Scientist II, Sequencing to join their team.
The data science group here is not like those at other companies. We generate and process massive amounts of sequencing data on a system designed and built in-house from the ground up. As a Data Scientist, you will be performing analysis to drive development of our sequencing technology. The successful candidate must be excited about learning new concepts from chemistry, physics, algorithm development and electrical engineering and applying them to an interdisciplinary project. The majority of your time will be spent aggregating, analyzing and summarizing the output of DNA sequencing experiments. You will also be responsible for updating, maintaining and testing portions of our automated analysis pipeline.
- Using command line tools to perform data conversion and analysis
- Supporting other team members in retrieving and archiving experimental results
- Quickly writing scripts to automate routine analysis tasks
- Creating insightful, simple graphics to represent complex trends
- MUST have scientific programming experience (Matlab, R, Python, etc.); familiarity with numpy and the Python scientific stack is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to track and work with 100s-1000s of files and GB-TB of data
- Need to be comfortable working in a Unix environment,
- Basic understanding of analog electronic circuits is a plus
- Chemistry or biophysics background is a plus
- BS or MS in computer science, physics, electrical engineering or similar
- Experience working on a long-term, lab-based project (academic experience acceptable)
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.