Salary: $125,000.00 – $135,000.00
Client is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team.
Our company provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Senior Manager to provide leadership to our Commercial Aircraft team in our Clearfield, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Commercial Aircraft Center of Excellence (COE) Engineering Team in sustaining and improving processes and products as measured by customer satisfaction, safe execution, process improvements, quality consistency, and design compliance.
While reporting directly to the Aerospace Structures Engineering VP, the successful candidate will have dual reporting responsibilities to the Commercial Aircraft COE and lead a team to execute the Engineering charter.
Engineering functional ownership within the COE includes Manufacturing, Project Engineering, Customer and Technical Interfaces, and Chief Engineering, This Manager supports a technical team of twenty six engineers and one manager.
This position is ultimately responsible for meeting the technical solutions for all responsible areas and programs that provide composite primary and secondary structures for commercial aircraft.
- Champion COE Engineering objectives to achieve business success
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and deliver to technical requirements
- Participates in the development of overall COE strategies, objectives, and long-term goals of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, manage and develop a team of engineers across programs
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must as well as demonstrated experience in leadership of cross functional teams in resolving complex technical issues (product and processing equipment)
- Sound financial understanding, including capital management and make/buy decision processes
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Knowledge of composite terminology, molding, winding, lay-up methods, cure processes, testing, machining methods and precision bonding processes are required
- Knowledge of configuration management best practices
- Must have good communication and technical presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of process control through SPC process monitoring techniques
- In depth knowledge of root cause and corrective action (RCCA) techniques (KT, 5 Why, Fish bone, fault tree)
- Working knowledge of PFMEA and other advanced quality improvement tools
- Proven experience in Lean Manufacturing and mentoring, coaching others in rapid problem solving and improvement
- Experience in high rate aircraft composite manufacturing environment
- Manages execution of the program requirements to cost and schedule objectives.
- Can effectively maneuver through political situation and anticipate roadblocks
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve company goals
- Is a Champion to the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
- Develop succession plans and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations.
- Minimum of 15 years of directly relevant experience; or a minimum of 10 years directly relevant experience (fabrication, assembly, and testing of composite structures) with BS degree in engineering or other technical area of study or 7 years of directly relevant experience with an MS degree in Engineering or other technical area of study.
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical/professional resources
- Familiarity with key Commercial Aircraft customers, including Airbus, GE and Rolls Royce
- BS/MS in engineering fields strongly preferred.
Requisition may be filled at a lower level Mgr, Manufacturing Engineering
We are applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.