$98,000.00 – $109,000.00
Client is seeking an Environmental Engineer to join their team.
The Environmental Engineer is responsible for compliance and performance management of one or more environmental media areas (air, water, solid/hazardous waste, hazardous substances) at an integrated pulp and paper mill.
- Serve as a technical expert for the mill’s business units (pulp, power and paper)
- Primary contact with regulatory agencies and other outside stakeholder groups
- Maintains complex environmental permitting and regulatory tracking
- Resolves high profile environmental issues
- Knowledgeable of emerging state and local environmental regulations
- Provides support during development of regulatory compliance programs
- Drives continuous improvement opportunities including system development
- Promotes employee engagement to achieve desired results
* Bachelors Degree required
* 5+ to 7 years prior experience in a similar role
* Solid knowledge and understanding of applicable OSHA laws and regulations
* Strong influencing and leadership skills
* Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate, drive for results, and influence change.