Salary: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00
Client is seeking a Healthcare Financial Analyst to join their team.
The analyst will be responsible for translating complex data into constructive information and will assist end-users to support decision making. He or she will research, manipulate and prepare complex data and be able to report on its results. He/she develops and maintains reporting Data Marts using SQL Server and/or other relevant business intelligence software. He/she will be tasked with identifying opportunities for improved savings.
- Ability to effectively interpret data and communicate findings/recommendations both orally and in writing appropriate to the audience
- Ability to utilize database technology to effectively query data and generate reporting analyses for senior management
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements and understand the economic drivers relevant to the managed care industry
- Understanding of medical terminology as it pertains to managed care data environment including but not limited to: ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT-4, DRGs and risk adjustment
- Understanding of the managed care industry as it pertains to insurance, physician groups, risk contracting and incentive arrangements
- Understanding of medical claims and the components and variables that affect the nature of payment reimbursement
- Understanding of the variables and/or components that comprise Medicare Advantage and Medicaid premiums
- Present cost reduction strategies
- Assist the design, development and implementation of evaluation tools
- Receptive to and seeks out feedback; uses self-discipline to adjust to feedback
- Ability to conduct analytic work in an efficient manner with minimal re-work including effective use of the peer review process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; outstanding interpersonal skills; the ability to relate positively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Organizational skills to manage projects effectively; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Preferred: Master’s degree
- Minimum 3 years financial analytical support using SQL, SAS, MS Access and front end reporting tools (Excel, PowerBI, etc.) in the health insurance industry required.
- Advanced Excel skills (complex formulas, pivot tables, dynamic visualizations, VBA, macros) required.
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills required
- Strong knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid programs or financial reporting in the health insurance industry.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.