Salary: $110,000.00 – $115,000.00
Client is seeking In-House Counsel to join their team.
The Counsel position is responsible for handling day-to-day legal transactional matters in assigned area(s), which will depend on department staffing, the skills of the incumbent and the needs of the bank. Special projects will be assigned (or proposed by the incumbent) from time to time, depending on bank needs. Trains bank staff in his/her area of competence, either with written, video or other material or by conducting training classes in various locations as needed. Finally, the attorney is responsible for maintaining her/his skill level by attending appropriate professional seminars and training opportunities.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides day-to-day legal advice to management and business units.
- Demonstrates skill in consumer financial protection laws and regulations, commercial lending laws, human resources/labor & employment law, special assets/loan workout, OCC safety and soundness laws and regulations, bank operations, or other specific areas of banking law.
- Assists with implementation of the bank-wide compliance function; support of human resources, support of problem loan group; litigation management or other business area as assigned.
- Trains bank staff in legal-related subject matter.
- Maintaining skill level by attending appropriate professional seminars and training opportunities.
- May manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Provides “backup” for other attorneys as needed.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Juris Doctor or equivalent with 5+ years legal experience in a related subject matter area.
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following topical areas; consumer financial protection laws and regulations; human resources/labor and employment law; special assets/loan workout; OCC safety and soundness laws and regulations; bank operations; commercial lending laws; or other specific areas of banking law.
- Member of California Bar.
- Must function well in a situation with ambiguous or ill-defined goals, issues, and methods.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and other typical productivity applications (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint) required.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism, and team skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Ability to handle constant use of tact, discretion, and good judgment.
- Ability to travel between bank and customer or other bank locations – less than 25% of the time.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.