Salary: $110,000.00 – $140,000.00
Client seeks an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) to join their team.
Security Systems Engineer, managing design, development, implementation and operation of security programs across an enterprise serving government and commercial telecommunications WAN domains. Manages information systems security engineering activities, including planning and scheduling of work for network security engineers performing credential management, device and system hardening, intrusion detection and response, information assurance, security management applications, and project engineering. Specific duties will include providing technical direction and oversight to staff engineers performing.
- Vulnerability Scanning and remediation.
- IDS, Web App, SIEM, Firewall configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Security engineering design and architecture, security implementations, firewall/IPS/IDS, VMware, Microsoft, UNIX/Linux, and CISCO router/switch/IPS configuration experience.
- RMF skills including assessment and authorization
- Deployment, implementation and strategy of tools and related Network Security Management systems.
- Provides regular status reporting of security team projects to senior management and customers.
- Responsible for process definition and assurance for network security functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete.
- Regularly attends conferences and seminars to represent program security interests and keep program abreast of current technologies.
- Responsible for senior level incident investigation.
- Manage a technical team responsible for the design, development and implementation of WAN/LAN security architectures.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in Information Security, Computer Science or related field, and minimum 6-10 total years related experience, with specific experience in the following targeted areas:
- Executing configuration control processes within a security engineering discipline.
- Managing a complex security architecture consisting of multiple trust levels.
- Provisioning and operation of Security networking equipment, including IDS, Antivirus, AAA, Firewall, Security Gateway, VPN appliances, and SIEM architectures.
- Project engineering experience or recent experience in a lead security engineer capacity for network design projects.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance required.
- CISSP certification required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- GIAC certification is strongly desired.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills as well as strong ability to lead and mentor teammates.
- Strong team and career leadership abilities desired.
- Experience in leading network security projects in the Government sector is strongly desired.
- Ability to make decisions quickly as well as demonstrating sound judgment in balancing risk with business needs to offer customers and management optimal security solutions.
- Published articles or experience presenting topics in the field of information security.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.