Salary: $85,000.00 – $110,000.00
Client is seeking an Operations Manager to join their team.
Lead and direct the overall manufacturing activities to achieve plant wide goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Continuous Improvement. Works from established procedures and/or verbal instructions
- Actively contribute to the plant strategic vision as part of the plant leadership team.
- Develop the budget to support manufacturing objectives and exceed AOP commitments.
- Drive for world class quality and safety utilizing root cause corrective action methodology.
- Formulate and install standard procedures and plans based on comparative analyses, methods, and costs.
- Provide the operations team with effective leadership, guidance, coaching, communication, learning and development
- Facilitate a continuous improvement culture by instilling Plan, Do, Check, Act methodology
- Create a work environment conducive to employee moral and motivation to accomplish performance objectives.
- Drive broader functional knowledge expertise and learning through the organization.
- Delegate goals to General Supervisors consistent with scope and capacity of processes and people.
- Monitor and evaluate General Supervisors goals; driving for standardized effective solutions to existing problems.
- Audit General Supervisors and Supervisors leadership standardized work to ensure adherence to standard processes and procedures.
- Implement behaviors, systems, and processes to continually improve competitiveness.
- Communicate goal progress and roadblocks to site leader.
- Establish and share best-in-class manufacturing processes with functional peers.
- Form effective working relationship with the union
- Other duties as required
Four year technical degree or equivalent experience
– Lean Manufacturing Experience with strong emphasis on Kaizen, SMED, poka-yoke, Kanban, TPM and 5S
– Excellent verbal and written communication, influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
– Leadership and integrity; manages by fact, achieves results, builds teams
– Bias for action, assertive, decisive
– Commitment to achieve key performance metrics and drive for continuous improvement
– Vision and purpose, provides direction, inspires, and motivates
– Customer focus, meets expectations, internally and externally, forms partnerships
– Demonstrates the ability to identify and develop high talent people
– Possess skill in building interpersonal relationships, including tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
– High level communication skills both written and verbal
Analytical and Conceptual:
– Analytical problem solving ability, process oriented and strong organizational skills.
– Proficient computer skills including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.