Salary: $100,000.00 – $140,000.00
Client is seeking a Principal Scientist, Enzyme Engineering to join their team.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated and team-oriented Scientist who is passionate about revolutionary next-generation sequencing technology. The Principal Scientist I will provide hands-on scientific and technical guidance on several ongoing projects. The candidate will be able to work with multiple cross-functional teams and also external collaborators to contribute expertise in enzymology, enzyme engineering, enzyme display methods and enzyme-nucleic acid-nucleotide interactions.
The selected candidate is expected to:
- Provide expertise in biochemistry and protein engineering
- Perform hands-on high-throughput screening to engineer enzymes with favorable kinetics for nanopore sequencing
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics or related discipline
- Technical expertise in fluorescent plate-reader assays and stop-flow kinetic assays is a must
- Prior experience with high throughput enzyme engineering is a plus
- Expertise in protein expression, purification, and characterization is a plus
- Enjoys working independently under general direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and good team work
- Experience with computer databases, statistical software (JMP), or computer programming languages preferred
- Experience mentoring. managing junior scientists required.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.