Salary: $90,000.00 – $99,999.00
Client is seeking a Project Manager to join their team.
The Thermal/Acoustical – Metals segment offers a full line of innovative engineered products to assist in noise and heat abatement within the transportation sector. Thermal/Acoustical Metals segment products are stamped metal composite constructions which provide thermal and acoustical shielding solutions for the global automotive and truck markets. Our product family of thermal solutions includes dual-wall/fiber shields, which are mounted to high temperature surfaces in exhaust or engine systems, and durable, acoustically-transparent zeta shields for high-vibration applications. The Metals business segment employs approximately ~700 employees and with operations in the U.S., Germany, France, and China.
The Project Manager is the Project expert and knows all details of the project including but not limited to contact information, costs, revenues, timing, packaging, etc..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/design tooling – Work with tooling supplier to assure that the purchased tooling and equipment meets the required tolerances, can produce at the rate required/quoted, causes an acceptable amount of scrap and fits within the existing equipment (bed size, shut height, open height, bolt pattern, tonnage, etc…). Runoff tooling and dedicated equipment to ensure all requirements are met.
- Manage timeline – manage the timing such that the required milestones are met based on customer requirements as they were defined at the quoting and sourcing phases. Modify and manage timing as the project scope changes due to customer modifications. (Note: project timing does not change unless customer changes scope.)
- Manage budget – successfully launch project within the quoted budget.
- Manage open issues and tasks list – Drive project through APQP meetings in which open issues and required tasks are coordinated through the cross functional team. (R&D, Manufacturing, Process Eng., Quality Eng., DSTC, etc…)
- Track/manage all PPAP activities – coordinate the completion of process flows, control plans, work instructions, capability analysis, material specifications, etc…Drive CFT member that is responsible for each task as well as participate in the development of this documentation.
- Run internal/external trials – coordinate the scheduling of the line, labor and procurement of materials until the part is fully into production. Initiate and oversee the trial until complete or until acceptable based on the complexity of the trial.
- Coordinate/submit all internal documentation – Ensure BOM’s and routings and all units within are correct per the pre-production trials.
- Quote new projects – Quote based on review of customer supplied data and requirements and the capability of the existing equipment and processes. Work with process engineering to determine capital requirements if project will not work within existing processes. Get quotes for tooling from suppliers.
- Reconcile actual and quoted costs – Track and confirm that production costs due to tool scrap rates, material usage and throughput rates are equivalent or better than those originally quoted. If costs are higher, develop, manage and implement action plan to achieve quoted costs.
- Approve customer print – accept or reject the print based on the customer requirements and the process capabilities. Confirm part will meet all test requirements and specified GD&T.
- Submit for testing – submit parts or material for testing based on customer requirements.
- Coordination of tool shipments.
- Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement
- Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
- Must have a 4 year technical degree in engineering discipline (Mechanical, etc.)
- Must have at least 3 years of project management experience in the automotive industry
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T
- Must have a working knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP
- Financial acumen
- Ability to multitask and meet stringent deadlines, effective time management skills
- To be an effective communicator across all levels of the business
- Above average computer skills: MS Office
- Proven self- starter with good decision making skill
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Creative Program Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.