Salary: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00
Client is seeking a Property Accounting Supervisor to join their team.
The Property Accounting Supervisor serves as support to the staff and senior accountants in the process of preparing financial statements and assists Community Managers with Accounting related questions and concerns. Property Accounting Supervisor works closely with other team members within the Department and the Company to obtain and/or provide the financial information as necessary.
Property Accounting Supervisor participates in hiring and onboarding process for new Staff Accountants, introduces the departmental policies and procedures to the new team members, provides effective training, guides through the processes and helps to excel in performance.
• Review Monthly financial statements prepared by the staff/senior accountants for accuracy and completeness.
• Review monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations prepared by staff/senior accountants and ensure proper reports/documents are provided as needed to support the account balances.
• Review Fixed Asset Schedules maintained by the staff/senior accountants and ensure proper depreciation/amortization is posted monthly.
• Review Capital Expenditures and ensure the proper reporting and adherence to the company policy.
• Review Bank Reconciliations completed by the staff/senior accountants.
• Review weekly cash report prepared by staff/senior accountants.
• Complete and post Allowance for Doubtful Accounts analysis monthly.
• Calculate and post monthly Asset/Property Management fees.
• Supervise and assist staff/senior accountants to ensure deadlines are kept.
• Fill in for staff/senior as needed for sick/vacation leave.
• Lead yearly audits, liaising with the auditors and providing PBC as needed.
• Ensure timely financial reports distribution to the internal and external parties as required by the company policy or set agreements.
• Assist AP Department as needed – research the status of payments, place stop payments, advice of stale-dated checks, etc.
• Analyze escrow accounts to ensure properties will have sufficient funds to cover yearly Property Tax liabilities. Work with Investments in order to set up self-escrow accounts and payments as needed.
• Review and assist staff and senior accountants in the preparation and submission of requests for lender Replacement Reserve Draws.
• Review budgets prepared by the staff and senior accountants for designated areas of responsibility and assist other departments in the process as required/if needed.
• Assist with annual business license renewals, personal property tax filings, etc.
• Other special projects as determined by senior management.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong planning, organizational, quantitative and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency in Excel and Word
• Working knowledge of financial accounting systems and general ledger reconciliation
• Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure and deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting required; CPA or MBA a plus
• Minimum of four years’ experience in accounting, including at least two years of real estate accounting
• Some managerial experience preferred
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.