Salary: $95,000 – $125,000
Client is seeking a Senior Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join their team.
Ideal fit for this role is going to be a person with extensive experience with liquid handling automation in the laboratory setting for automating sample preparation assays. This could be assays that were handled manually in the past and where they are looking to automate processes for our customers. Ideally they will create various automation offerings that are boilerplate for the main components and then some limited flexibility and customization. We do not want the end user to have to have access to this and would prefer it to be more automated from the software that operates on a PC platform at this time and then long term will have supporting mobile access (phone/ I-pad).
It is most critical that they understand the application of the automation for our customers.
MUST HAVE automation experience and have done conversion from manual to automated. Our customers/ end users would be ideal for this from biotech/ pharma/ etc. and have been using the equipment at this time.
Largely focused with bio-pharma/ protein assays.
V-Works Software if possible (this is what we use to run the lab instruments)
Small team and need a person with the culture fit (smart, motivated, driven to achieve, asks good questions, open to change and embracing technology) and also knowing how to directly and indirectly drive results and work with limited supervision.
Typical day will be project driven and there will often be more than one project going on at one time. They will have cross-functional interactions with the scientists on the team, software engineers, marketing, NPI groups and other R & D staff. They will be tasked with driving these programs and then also documenting all of the processes, tracking, support for the product. They may also have some interactions directly or indirectly from customer generated inquiries.
We are committed to being the premier laboratory partner providing powerful yet easy-to-use LC/MS workflow solutions to our customers. The successful candidate will leverage extensive process development knowledge and experience to migrate manual sample preparation assays onto the AssayMAP and Bravo platforms to enhance workflow data quality and increase sample throughput while decreasing time-to-results and labor costs during drug discovery and development.
As a Biochemical Automation Workflow Engineer, the candidate will be an integral part of an R&D team that develops automated sample preparation workflows on the AssayMAP and Bravo platforms and will be responsible for
• translating manual sample preparation processes defined by analytical chemists into equivalent or better automated processes for the AssayMAP and Bravo automated liquid handling platforms to create complete sample preparation applications.
• fine-tuning sample preparation applications in collaboration with analytical chemists to optimize workflow data quality and meet customer needs.
• creating intuitive user interfaces for sample preparation applications that allow analytical chemists to efficiently prepare samples for LC/MS analysis.
• defining and documenting test cases that validate the performance of sample preparation applications.
• collaborating with technical writers to create comprehensive installation and user documentation for sample preparation applications.
• supporting the resolution of customer-reported issues.
The successful candidate is expected to have and maintain broad state-of-the-art knowledge of process development and sample preparation using automated liquid handling robotics, and should have a strong background in automating manual sample preparation assays.
The successful candidate is expected to have and maintain broad state-of-the-art knowledge of sample preparation using automated liquid handling robotics, and should have a strong background in automating manual sample preparation assays.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• B.S. or M.S. degree in the field of chemical engineering (preferred), biomedical engineering, protein science, biochemistry, proteomics or related fields will also be considered.
• 4+ years industry experience including lab work, automation, LC, LCMS. HPLC, or similar
• 2+ years of relevant experience including hands on work programming automated liquid handling systems, Tecan, Hamilton and/or Beckman.
• Possess strong communication and organizational skills.
• Work independently and be self-motivated but also contribute to the success of multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience with biotherapeutic drug discovery/development is desired.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.