Salary: $150,000.00 – $175,000.00
Client is seeking a Senior Director, Employee/Labor Relations to join their team.
The Senior Director, Employee/Labor Relations partners and consults with all Business Units Presidents, RVP’s, Division Presidents, General Managers, HRM’s and other leaders to ensure the development and implementation of a broad, well-balanced and effective labor strategy. The Director stays abreast and has comprehensive knowledge of all National Labor Relations Act guidelines and changes to guidelines. This position works as a liaison between teammates and management when necessary to resolve conflict and/or conduct investigations. The Director of Labor relations will be responsible for leading a small team, evaluating current capabilities and making enhancements as necessary.
Preventative maintenance of a “petition free/union free” work environment while promoting team member engagement, understanding and acceptance of company values and business goals
- Develops and administers specific plans and processes in combating union threats
- Guides and directs the Labor Team with innovative, creative labor strategies that support the key mission.
- Provides key leadership (strategically and tactical) in all union elections.
- Provide labor and teammate relations, coaching and training to leadership.
- Formulate and administer labor policy for the company according to knowledge of company objectives and government regulations.
- Ensures company is protected in all matters regarding Team Member relations (Ethics Hotline, etc.).
- Directly supports new, proposed company facilities with labor availability studies, union exposure and community environment. Supports the new hiring criteria and/or Team Member transfers for staffing new operations
- Works closely with in-house and outside legal and consulting resources involved in company labor challenges.
- Provides sound labor relations advice and assistance to all levels of management
- Stay abreast of political actions that impact labor environment of organization.
- Continually monitors company vulnerability to potential union attacks.
- Provides timely and consistent reporting and recording of company union threats.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends and the impact on Company.
- Write and deliver presentation to corporate officers or government officials regarding industrial relations policies and practices.
- Regularly communicate current labor information to leadership.
- Available to teammates to discuss workplace issues.
- Supports, analyzes, develops, critiques individual engagement tools utilized by the company (team member surveys, Connectivity Program, focus groups)
- Remain knowledgeable of the most current trends in labor relations in order to provide an effective and supportive service to field operators (clients).
- Maintains and communicates understanding of all new labor legislation and NLRB rulings as it may impact the company regarding “union” exposure.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, or other related field.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ labor relations experience, with 5 years minimum labor contract negotiations experience.
- Must have expert skills in union avoidance.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have strong communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.