The Senior Financial Analyst position performs financial and business related research and analysis such as the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of financial reports, records and trends; develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases to facilitate analysis and reporting; and is responsible for conducting and documenting financial analysis projects.
Essential Job Functions:
Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
Coordinates with other departments, locations, and divisions.
- Communication with other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- Communication with Management at Highmark, subsidiaries, affiliates, other third parties, etc. as to project status and completion deadlines.
- Advising management of expected outcomes, and recommending ways to improve the outcomes.
- Conducting presentation to all levels of management in order to provide a summary of analysis regarding financial results and trends.
- Communication with Management as to project status and completion deadlines.
Performs financial and business related analysis
- Analyzes, evaluates and interprets appropriate financial and statistical data.
- Develops and/or documents business policies, conducts special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Conducts financial and business related analyses and research including the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of trends.
- Analyzes financial reports and records.
- Provide reasoning for variances and make recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Advising management of expected outcomes, and recommend ways to improve the outcomes.
- Independently pursues fundamental problem solving and documents the recommendations to management.
Facilitation of analysis and reporting
- Utilizes computer to input, retrieve or display accounting information.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
- Utilizing PC and/or mainframe based systems and software, compiles and prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- Serves as a project lead for special projects within the department.
- Leading and documenting financial analysis projects including the preparation of ad hoc reports; to include but not limited to; gathering of data, analysis, documentation of findings, and calculation of results and generation of reports for distribution.
- Coordinating activities to ensure the project is advancing properly and to ensure the project is completed within the timeframes established.
- Included in this process will be communication with Management at Highmark, subsidiaries, affiliates, other third parties, etc. as to project status and completion deadlines.
- Make recommendations based on findings when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience with various computer applications to include MS Excel and/or MS Access
- Prior experience with Financial Modeling within Excel and Hyperion
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.