Salary: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00
This client drives packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since their beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don’t need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from — the opportunities are all around. All you have to do is take them!
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Process Engineers (Thermaset®) are responsible for developing all aspects of the plastic package from concept to implementation. This includes preform design, developing the process, closure to meet the application requirements.
Primary duties of a Senior Process Engineer include:
* Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
* Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
* Design PET Preform and Container to meet application requirements.
* Develop process to meet performance requirements, including barrier.
* Reviews product failure data and interpret laboratory tests and analyzes results to establish or rule out material and process causes.
* Coordinates customer sample requirements.
* Evaluates and approves process changes and controls expenditures within limitations of R&D budget.
* Prepares interim and completion project reports.
* Develop and Implement Process Training for plant personnel responsible for operating and maintaining equipment.
* Keeping up with latest industry technology advancements.
* Provides technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications, technical plans, and product testing using DOE methodology for scale up.
* Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, related specifications and FDA/FCN regulatory requisites.
* Coordinates activities with cross functional teams concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Updates project team members using related software tools
* Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.Stays close to market trends recommending attainable technical solutions for potential conversion opportunities by keeping a pulse on the market.
* Travel up to 50% may be required.
Core Proficiencies and Skills
Senior Process Engineers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
* Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
* Ability it work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
* Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
* Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
* BS in Chemical Engineering or related plastics degree or equivalent experience required.
* Eight plus years hands on experience.
* Two-step & Single-step PET process experience a plus.
* Injection Molding IMM manufacturing platform experience.
* Filling and Capper Experience.Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure.
* High level of initiative and the ability to work independently.
* Take personal ownership while going beyond assigned tasks to improve project execution.
* Adaptability to changing work assignments.
* Flexibility with duties.
*Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
* Conceive, design, plan, and execute experiments in an R&D lab.
* Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience.
* Ability to interact and communicate with diverse groups composing of multiple disciplines.
* Thorough knowledge of molding components and injection tooling.
* Excellent oral and technical writing skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
* 2D/3D design skill a plus.
* Use technical experience to drive innovation and communicate more efficient processes and procedures.
* Strong work ethic, self-motivated, drive for results.
* Very flexible and adaptable to change.
* Proficient in one or more of the following systems:
* Complex Mechanical SystemElectrical/ControlsFluid Powered Hydraulic Systems w/Servo and Proportional Valve ControlMelt Flow / Hot-Runner Management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.