Salary: $125,000.00 – $175,000.00
Client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Instrument Software to join their team.
Our mission is to make genetic information universally available through
massively parallel DNA sequencing. Our proprietary nanopore-based platform allows for single molecule, electrical, real-time analysis without the need for complicated optics or fluidics. In other words, our sequencing platform is cheaper, faster, and better than any of the alternatives, and thus has the potential to revolutionize medical care by bringing genetic
analysis to the clinic.
- Help define and implement instrument control software and rapid prototype software. tools for next-generation gene sequencing systems
- Write and review Python code using best industry practices
- Contribute to the coordination of the deployment of SW
- Contribute to the prioritization of features
- Work closely with other groups, including electrical engineering, mechanical. engineering, FPGA, assay development, and algorithm development teams
- The ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision and take initiative towards achieving best implementation and deployment
- BS or advanced degree in CS, EE, or related area
- At least 2 years of experience programming in Python
- At least 2 years of experience programming in C/C++
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies, including Python, C/C++, JSON, and version control systems. Should be comfortable with instrument control concepts
- Candidate should be able work directly with electrical engineers, molecular biologists, and other SW developers to determine best design implementations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software development
- Experience in gene sequencing or biotech instrument design is a plus
- Familiarity with all stages of the software development cycle. Experience maintaining engineering best practices, including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing.
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.