Salary: $110,000.00 – $115,000.00
Client is seeking a Staff Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
We are among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Our industrial products serve industries ranging from hydrocarbon, chemical and food processing to construction and mining.
One of eight business units, designs and develops a wide variety of aerospace systems and components including jet engine controls, fuel delivery systems, fuel nozzles, engine gearboxes, engine ignition systems, power takeoff shafts, engine bleed air systems, cabin air conditioning systems, fuel tank inerting, cabin pressurization and control, aircraft ventilation systems, and various aircraft ice protection systems. We have the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture best in class equipment for our aerospace and engine customers.
Looking for a mechanical design engineer with expertise in fuel pump design to work with a multi-disciplined, technical team in the design, development, and launch of aircraft engine accessory products including fuel pumps, gearboxes, and starters. The preferred candidate must have a track record of innovative mechanical design capability and strong analytical problem solving skills.
Major Job Responsibilities Include:
• Concept selection, design, analysis, and test of new products
• Engineering documentation and design tool improvement such as hardware specification development, test plans, analytical reports, test reports, reliability assessments, and Excel based tools for incorporation into company standard work
• Supporting new business proposals, formal design reviews, and customer presentations
• Adherence to engineering standard work
• Interfacing with management, suppliers, customers, and members of the technical design team
• Compliance with budget and schedule
• Satisfying external and internal customer needs subject to strong design and business constraints
• Providing timely and effective communication to management and customers
• Supporting engineering investigations to establish root cause, and implement appropriate corrective actions
*Education / Certifications
Bachelor of Science in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a related field required. Master’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and/or an MBA preferred.
*Experience / Qualifications
Selected candidate must accept ownership of the design and development of the product while satisfying the needs and concerns of all stakeholders.
• At least 7 years demonstrated engineering excellence and progression in design, test, and fabrication of mechanical systems required
• Expertise with fuel pump technologies and specifically geared fuel pumps is preferred
• Background with engineering drawings, structural analysis, and 3D design software is preferred
• Working knowledge of gas turbine engines and their applications is preferred
• Proficiency in ACE and/or Design for Six Sigma, particularly DOE
• Proficiency in utilizing advanced Excel capabilities (i.e. VBA, Solver, etc.) in the development of engineered products
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated creative problem solving experience and a robust work ethic
– Some travel may be required (domestic and international)
– Due to the nature of the work being done, applicants needs to be a US citizen or permanent resident
HiredYou.com is a leading job board and executive search firm that secures personnel for top-tier companies nationwide. We work with a wide array of executives across all job industries to arrange the perfect placement every time, guaranteed. Remember, it is always 100% free to post unlimited jobs to HiredYou.com, and in the event you need some extra help with the recruitment process, our Live Recruiter is here to assist.