Brandon M. Kessinger
292 Highcrest Dr., Acworth, GA 30101
email@example.com | https://www.linkedin.com/pub/brandon-kessinger/4/a6a/927
Critical and creative thinking real estate executive with a proven track record in evaluating investment strategies, developing effective business plans, negotiating contracts, leading multi-disciplined project teams, identifying process improvements, enhancing corporate strategy, and researching, analyzing, and solving complex challenges.
· Develop and execute strategic/business plans
· Execute and negotiate real estate acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, construction, and financing
· Lead, leverage, and mentor cross-functional teams
· Model, forecast, analyze, and report financial, operational, real estate, and investment performance
· Manage real estate assets through acquisition, development, operation, renovation, and disposition
· Identify, develop, and document Best Practices and process improvements
· Communicate and present to C-Suite and BOD levels
· Manage financial appropriations effectively
ALTISOURCE PORTFOLIO SOLUTIONS, S.A., Atlanta, GA October 2012—Present
A leading technology and real estate services company serving the Mortgage and Residential real estate markets, a two-time Top 100 Fastest-Growing Company by Fortune
Director, Global Real Estate and Facilities (10/12—Present)
· Align corporate strategy, business unit strategies, and global real estate strategy that reduced real estate costs by ~25% and improved utilization by ~20% to date for a 2.7+MM SF portfolio serving ~24,000 employees; results achieved through development of proprietary Enterprise Location Planning program
· Spearhead the global projects team regarding site selection, lease negotiations (+$200MM gross lease value), new construction (+$75MM), major renovations ($+65MM), and transition to operations/maintenance.
· Deliver construction projects within approved project schedules and budgets without claims; averaged ~5% in cost savings to date.
· Lead the AMR/EMEA facilities management team responsible for ~600K SF across 50+ facilities.
· Integrate corporate real estate locations, personnel, and services related to M&A activity; over 150 leases and ~$300MM of value.
· Develop and drive global best practices, policies, procedures, and processes for effective management of real estate saving over 1,000 man-hours annually to date, using Lean/Six Sigma/Operational Excellence principles.
· Approve projects and spend, up to $50MM annually, as Department Head.
JAMESTOWN PROPERTIES, Atlanta, GA April 2005—October 2012
A leading private equity real estate firm with ~$8 Billion in assets under management
Asset Manager, with signature authority (02/08—10/12)
· Negotiated leases ($100MM gross lease value), purchase agreements (+$25MM), residential sales contracts (+$15MM), and significant service contracts.
· Drove revenue growth of 30%+ across portfolio of retail, residential, and office assets.
· Evaluated and reviewed investment, operational, and development performance for a portfolio of retail, residential, and office assets, including two proposed 1.1MM SF mixed-use developments.
· Negotiated loan extensions/modifications, as necessary, including a complex $40MM loan modification for a mixed- use project and assisting a JV partner with the modification of a $52MM loan on a medical office property.
· Negotiated new contribution and partnership agreements, including a JV to develop a $50MM hotel project as part of larger $200MM+ mixed-use development plan.
· Recommended strategies and opportunities to increase revenues for Jamestown, such as vertical integration of real estate services, resulting new revenue of $5MM+ annually.
Head of Real Estate Research, with signature authority (12/10—10/12)
· Developed, managed, and executed strategic research programs for various initiatives at Jamestown encompassing macroeconomic conditions, demographics, market and asset level investment decisions; resulting in $500M+ of investments in retail assets in Boston, several metros in California, and New York.
· Led strategic discussions for the company, its investment strategies, and asset level business plans, across most asset classes (retail, residential, office, and industrial).
· Discussed economic and commercial real estate outlook with executives from Institutional Investors (incl. Fund Managers) along with leading authorities on economic and real estate research.
· Analyzed financial statements to assess credit, operating, and default risks of retail, office, and industrial tenants.
· Participated as of member of the IT Advisory Board to discuss strategic initiatives with internal IT services and programs.
· Developed and managed the departmental budget.
Additional Relevant Experience:
JAMESTOWN PROPERTIES (04/05-12/06): Asset Management Associate analyzing $3B+ mixed-use portfolio and Fund Controller responsible for $5B+ mixed-used, trophy asset portfolio.
COUSINS PROPERTIES (02/02-04/05): Senior Accountant responsible for $300M portfolio of mixed-use development and operating assets.
BRANCH PROPERTIES (06/99-09/01): Accountant and Analyst responsible for portfolio up to 20 retail and mixed-use assets, including investment analysis and cash flow modeling (NPV, DCF, IRR, etc.).
Education and License
Dartmouth Tuck School of Business
Executive Leadership Development Program – Innovation Acceleration
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
Completed the 150 semester-hour education requirement for the CPA exam.
The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Bachelor of Science Commerce and Business Administration (BSCBA), Major in Accounting.
Real Estate Salesperson, Licensed in Georgia (#345639, inactive)