KENNETH S. TAYLOR
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Resourceful multi-tasking Financial Professional with extensive experience and proficiency with Accounting software such as SAP, Business Objects, Lawson, Signature & Invision Patient Systems, Great Plains, Quickbooks, Peachtree, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access,. Areas of expertise include:
* Advanced Excel Command
* Intercompany Maintenance
* Account Analysis
* V-lookups & Pivot Tables
* Budgeting / Forecasting
* Cash Management
* Streamlined Processing
* Implement Procedures
* Month-End Closing
* B/S Account Maintenance
* Audit Coordination
* SOX Compliance
SHORT-TERM TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENTS (Contracts) Fort Lauderdale, FL
Staff Accountant December 2015 – October 2016
Researched “unknown” allocation of various insurance benefits by downloading onto spreadsheets by eliminating, terminated employees, and sub-totaling by company and department for several hundred companies. Another assignment required preparing F/S, bank recs, and maintaining A/P & A/R daily.
UNIFIED PHYSICIAN MANAGEMENT Boca Raton, FL
Staff Accountant January 2015 – October 2015
Using Quickbooks, provided weekly F/S to more than 250 OBGYN Centers in 5 states with weekly healthcare payments of more than $10MM each week in total. Provided each Center with their bi-weekly P/R, and monthly benefit expenses once per month on a bi-weekly basis. The Staff Accountant was also responsible for but not limited to the following:
* Provided responsive service to clients and internal employees.
* Posted transactions to QuickBooks (i.e. weekly wires, payroll transactions, & any off cycle transactions).
* Reconciled monthly bank statements and review the monthly activity to ensure proper posting.
* Printed and file support documentation for transactions posted.
* Prepared Ad-hoc analysis.
ALPHASTAFF, INC. (Contract) Fort Lauderdale, FL
Payroll Tax Accountant May 2014 – December 2014
Using Great Plains, prepared monthly journal entries for assigned accounts and reconciled complex company accounts for a company which maintains many areas of P/R, H/R, and clients for more than 100 clients throughout the country.
* Month-end close process including, B/S, detailed I/S; prepare J/E’s; accruals; analysis; ad hoc reporting.
* Supported Controller & Assistant Controller in maintaining the General Ledger.
* Ensured all J/E’s comply with corporate standards and GAAP.
* Researched answers and resolutions to questions and inquiries from internal and/or external customers. May recommend resolutions to issues and upon approval, resolve with parties involved.
* Reconciledresearchedresolved issues with certain high volume Liability Accounts.
PHOENIX PHYSICIANS, LLC Fort Lauderdale, FL
Staff Accountant January 2013 – January 2014
Using PeopleSoft, assisted Accounting Manager directly with many responsibilities including month-end/year-end closings; maintained dozens of B/S and P&L Accounts by reviewing each Account; maintained monthly Revenue Recognition J/E’s (which includes true-ups on a quarterly basis); uploaded into PeopleSoft from Excel dozens of J/E’s monthly/quarterly/yearly; amortized Prepaid Expenses & Fixed Asset/Depreciation Accounts; maintained Physician O/T on a daily basis; other software used includes MedData, Avisena, MMPact, & nVision.
NORTH BROWARD HOSPITAL DISTRICT Fort Lauderdale, FL
Staff Accountant July 2011 – August 2012
Using Lawson, prepared monthly journal entries for assigned accounts; reconciled complex company bank accounts; maintained several voluminous Prepaid Accounts including Prepaid Insurance (Hospitals and Physicians); assisted in the facilitation of month-end and year-end closings.
* Streamlined process which previously took 4 F/T employees (160 hours) to do each week I was able to produce myself in just 7 hours per week by using Invision and Signature Patient Accounting Systems.
* Reconciled voluminous Suspense Cash Acct. in less than a week. This was not previously reconciled.
* Problem-solved many Cash-related issues which previously where not resolved.
* First Employee Awarded Employee of the Month of large Department while on the first 90-day probation.
* Designed several dozen Excel spreadsheets which linked to many different Cash sheets for Hospitals and Physicians throughout Northern Broward County.
CSL PLASMA, INC. Boca Raton, FL
Staff Accountant – Cash Management October 2007 – October 2010
Using SAP, participated in month-end closing; maintained intercompany (I/C) reconciliations, scheduled forecasts, and annual budgets; maintained treasury management for 65 U.S. Centers 7 days a week; maintained third-party receivables.
* Saved company several $1MM’s each month by recommending and implementing change in Plasma Donor pay-out amounts and making treasury management process more efficient for all 65 Centers.
* Represented Finance Department with 4 major projects while still completing daily and monthly work.
* Took on major role for the Finance Department by working with bank and I/T Department in designing report used for new Debit Card Cash bank reconciliation (leading to more than 30,000 transactions each day, 7 days per weeks).
* Assisted with monthly closing and annual audit. Prepared and uploaded more than 100 SAP (J/E’s) each month. Reconciled monthly more than 20 B/S Accounts with more than 10 Cash Accounts.
* Finished month-end closing within required 2 ½ business days deadline. Completed all Excel spreadsheet reports on a daily basis.
* Prepared scheduled international I/C forecasts for six other entities. Prepared annual I/C budgets.
EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES (Contracts) Southeast FL Tri-Counties
Staff Accountant February 2002 – October 2007
Served as Consultant for several Employment Agencies on various assignments in different industries.
Fixed Assets Accountant – worked closely with Accounting Manager with month-end closing, and maintained spreadsheets for various Fixed Asset G/L accounts. Worked also with telecommunication maintenance contracts.
Property Accountant – using Yardi and other software, maintained tenant cash activity, invoices associated with property, and other items. Maintained F/S, budgets, bank recs, and reserves for more than 30 HOA & Condominium properties.
Prepaid Insurance – Created all lines and equations for various F/S with Great Plains software package. Created reports so data could be extracted and exported to Excel, and reconciled to its G/L Account.
Tax Accountant – Managed complete financial cycle for more than 30 small companies through use of software packages Creative Solutions and UltraTax.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Accounting Saint Leo University, Saint Leo, FL
Habitat for Humanity of Broward County, Big Brother / Big Sister of Broward County, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY
- 1982/1986 B.A. Degree (Accounting)