WILLIAM MOYLAN, CPA
345 Glen Iris Drive NE. #20
Atlanta, Georgia 30312
An accounting, finance and strategic management executive with a Fortune 100 media/entertainment background and with expertise in strategy, planning and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, operating metrics, Sarbanes-Oxley, accounting policy and risk management. Possesses a holistic mindset coupled with experience in consulting with various operation leads and interacting with all levels within an organization. Skilled at supporting growth in revenues and profits, process improvements, cost reductions, and managing operating investments for the ultimate goals of improving cash flow and maximizing market/shareholder value. Exceptional skills in:
Intacct / SAP / PeopleSoft
Budget, Financial Forecasting / Modeling
Segment Reporting / Consolidations
Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley
Enterprise Shared Services / Cloud Computing
AS SOLUTION GROUP, INC., Atlanta, GA 2016-2017
Executive Director, Strategic Planning & Financial Systems
· Lead the global Intacct implementation for general ledger, billing, HR, payroll, project management and global financial reporting for a multi-entity company with 300+ employees and $60M in annual revenue.
· Direct the global budgeting, forecasting and accounting processes for revenue, cost of services, operations, sales & marketing and finance.
DAVIS MEDICAL HOLDINGS, INC., Atlanta, GA 2015
Chief Financial Officer
· Led the accounting and finance functions of a medical technology start-up company to establish financial goals and objectives that align with the company’s strategic vision.
· Oversaw all communications, financial projections and valuation analysis with potential private equity / venture capital investors.
TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC., Atlanta, GA / New York, NY 2005-2014
Executive Controller (Corporate Segment / Time Warner Global Enterprise) (2011-2014)
· Led executive level project to reduce operating costs by a total of $250 million within Turner Studios and Operations with collaboration from Finance and Operational leads in the areas of personnel vacancies, third party and other discretionary spending.
· Organized and implemented the creation of the Turner Accounting Shared Services Center, reorganizing 170 accounting professionals within six months.
· Spearheaded company wide implementation of Time Warner Global IT and HR Shared Services for Turner, HBO & Warner Brothers, while partnering on the future implementation of Global Real Estate Shared Services.
· Oversaw creation of monthly, quarterly and yearly consolidated actual and budget financial results and presented the results to the executive management team, including the CAO and Deputy Controller to evaluate and manage global strategic plans.
· Led completion and review of all segment internal controls and SEC reporting for 10-Q and 10-K, including support for goodwill, PP&E, investments, commitments and contingencies, litigation and severance/restructuring.
TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. (con’t)
Segment Controller (CNN) (2010-2011)
· Directly and indirectly supervised a staff of 10 professionals for all close processes and reporting, including the completion and review for all News segment SEC related reporting for 10-Q and 10-K.
· Partnered with CNN Digital finance and operations to reduce expenses by $30 million in 2011 resulting in new capital to fund investments in digital technologies.
· Evaluated the technical accounting treatment for various items including Operating/G&A matters and investment initiatives to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements. Worked with the Corporate Planning & Reporting team on the final evaluations and memos, and completion of all 10-Q and 10-K reporting.
Assistant Controller (CNN) (2005-2010)
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY 1999-2005
ABC TV NETWORK, New York, NY
Assistant Director, Revenue Finance (2004-2005)
· Supervised all revenue close processes, accounts receivable and affiliate compensation for the ABC Television Network. Responsible for compiling and reviewing all SEC (10-Q and 10-K) related reporting for revenue and accounts receivable and submitting to corporate.
· Reduced the billing and revenue recognition cycle by three days for all affiliates by identifying efficiencies in technology and personnel.
· Directly and indirectly managed a staff of 21 professionals and two accounting assistants.
Finance Manager (2003-2004)
· Oversaw all News finance operations for the largest local TV station in the United States.
DISNEY WORLDWIDE SHARED SERVICES, Orlando, FL
Senior Finance Analyst (2001-2003)
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Finance Analyst, Revenue Control (1999-2001)
HARRIS CORPORATION, Melbourne, FL 1996-1998
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, State College, PA 1994-1996
PARENTE, RANDOLPH, (CPA firm), Scranton, PA 1992-1994
Master of Business Administration, Finance, 1996, The Pennsylvania State University
Bachelors of Science, Accounting, 1992, The University of Scranton
Certified Public Accountant, State of Pennsylvania
Part-time Accounting Professor, Georgia State University.